Benjamin Moore Vs Nippon Paint: What’s Their Main Differences?
Giving your home a fresh coat of paint every few years is an important way to keep your home looking beautiful. Additionally, using superior paint products prevents weather damage and mould build-up. When choosing reliable painting products, it often comes down to Benjamin Moore vs Nippon paint.
The Nippon paint brand not only provides a range of colours to choose from, but their range also features anti-mould and low VOC properties. Benjamin Moore on the other hand, is a popular choice used by high-end designers for various painting projects.
With so many brands on the market, it’s often difficult to choose the right brand for your paint job. That’s why it’s important to compare brands such as Benjamin Moore and Nippon. Is one paint brand better than the other? Read this article to see how they compare.
Just For your Info
PaintingGuy.sg offers painting services (interior and exterior) for residential, commercial, and industrial in Singapore.
If you are looking for a professional painter to outsource the work, why not check us out? We offer free no-obligation on-site quotations.Schedule a Free On-Site ViewingMore Questions? WhatsApp Us
Since Benjamin Moore products are designed to be effective exterior and interior paint, painting services in Singapore can choose between matte finishes and semi-gloss variants to fulfil your exact painting needs. House painting services use Benjamin Moore paints to decorate anything from private apartments to commercial buildings.
Benjamin Moore Specifications
Some of the stand-out features that make Benjamin Moore paints well worth considering are listed below:
- Diverse colour range: Benjamin Moore uses Patented Gennex Colour Technology which is responsible for 3,500 available colours ideal for painting your plain coloured walls.
- Zero-VOC: Paints are made with a zero-VOC waterborne tinting system, creating safe and environmentally friendly paints.
- Peel resistant: Paints are guaranteed to be peeling, blistering and flake resistant, making them ideal for exterior painting.
- Superior coverage: The durability and coverage offered by Benjamin Moore paint will give any space a desired quality finish that’s long-lasting.
- Fade-resistant: Since Benjamin Moore is fade-resistant, it means surfaces will stay elegant and vibrant for much longer.
- Fewer coats: Benjamin Moore is well known for covering surfaces with fewer coats than most other paint brands. There are also no specialized brushes required—regular paintbrushes and rollers will do the trick.
- Wearability: On average Benjamin Moore paints take about 30 minutes to dry and an hour to recoat, saving you time on the entire process.
- Strong adhesion: Benjamin Moore paints are designed to adhere to any surface including metal, wood and stone.
- Green options: For house painting services that require environmentally friendly surface coverage, the ECO SPEC range provides allergy and asthma-friendly options.
- Warranty: Paints have a six-month warranty which is extended to 24 months with an add-on-sealer.
Currently, Nippon is the fourth largest paint manufacturer in the world. Since its arrival in Singapore in 1952, this paint brand is well known for its quality products and affordable prices.
Furthermore, Nippon doesn’t only provide quality paint, but can also be relied on to supply their industry-leading paint products to a wide range of industries. The most prominent include the following:
- Protective coatings
Nippon Paint Specifications
Nippon paint is a common choice among many professional painters around Singapore. The most significant specifications that make it so popular include the following:
- Extensive range: Nippon paint range includes outdoor and indoor products as well as ceiling variations. Nippon paint can be used on just about any surface, including stone, metal and wood. Can also be used to repaint built-in furniture
- Odour: Nippon paint is fragrance-free, meaning there will be no risk of headaches and respiratory illnesses while your home or office is being painted.
- Mosquito guard: Anti-mosquito options kill Aedes mosquitoes on contact, making it a brilliant choice for areas that are prone to mosquitoes.
- Variety of paint colours: Nippon has 2388 different paint colours to choose from, all suitable for indoor and outdoor painting needs.
- Antibacterial properties: Silver ion technology kills viruses and bacteria, reducing the risk of mould, bacteria or mildew.
- Durability: Its high durability factor makes it a top choice among interior painting services, giving homeowners the satisfaction that their paint job will last the required time.
- VOC: Since this paint has a low VOC, it means this paint contains fewer organic compounds, making it safe to use anywhere in the home.
- Solar feature: The Sola Reflect feature reflects the sun, diminishing surface temperature and ultimately reducing the need for aircon in the warmer months.
- Stains: Nippon is both stain resistant and non-toxic, making it ideal for children’s bedrooms and kitchens.
- Smooth finish: The Vinyl silk range offers a satin finish, providing you with a soft, smooth finish, perfect for every space.
- Weather resistant: Outdoor versions are designed to withstand harsh weather, making them perfect for commercial buildings
- Water resistant: Range includes ceiling paints that are water, peeling and blistering resistant
- All surfaces: In addition to having options for brickwork, fiberboards, and plastered walls, there are also variants for metal and wood.
Overview: Benjamin Moore Vs Nippon Paint
A side-by-side comparison always makes it easier to choose the best brand for your specific paint jobs.
|Features||Benjamin Moore||Nippon Paint|
|Type||Latex or Acrylic||Modified Acrylic Polymer Emulsion|
|Colour||Minimum of 3,500 colour choices||Minimum of 2,388 colour choices|
|Finish||– 6 sheen levels for interior walls|
– 4 sheen levels for exterior walls
|– Matt and smooth matt |
|Uses||– Interior walls|
– Exterior walls
|– Interior walls |
– Exterior walls
|Stand out features||– Splatter resistant|
– Patented Gennex colour technology
– Low odour
– Quality finishes
– Environmentally friendly
|– Good coverage |
– Mosquito guard
– Fungus and mould resistant
– Environmentally friendly
– Low odour
– Low VOC
– Superior hiding power
|Cleaning||Easy to clean||– Easy to clean |
– Also easy to wash off of brushes and rollers
|Packaging||Sizes vary from 1L, 5L and 20L||Sizes vary from 1L, 5L and 20L|
|Shelf life||Up to 24 months in a tightly sealed container||Up to 24 months in a tightly sealed container|
|Drying time||About 30 minutes for surface drying and 2 hours for a hard dry at 30°C||Around 30 minutes for surface drying and 2 hours for a hard dry at 30°C|
|Application method||Roller, brush or spray for texture coating||Roller, brush or spray for texture coating|
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Paint Brand
Choosing the right paint for your next paint job is crucial and involves a lot more than simply choosing your favourite color. Here are a few factors to consider when you’re shopping around for the best paint option:
- Colour richness: When choosing a paint consider how deep you want the shade to be. Some paints are formulated to hold deeper, richer shades better than others. If you’re creating a statement wall, you will need a colour with a richer shade for maximum effect.
- Washability: It’s important to pay attention to the area you want to paint. Spaces such as hallways, porches and kitchens may require more cleaning and therefore you want paints that can handle repeated washing without compromising the colour richness or finish. A tip here is to select a shinier finish as these are easier to clean.
- Coverage: Another important consideration is the condition of the wall you’re painting. For instance, do you need paint that needs to hide flaws, marks or even existing dark colours? In these instances, you want a paint that offers incredible one-coat coverage to avoid having to pack on too many layers to get the desired effect.
- Low and zero VOC: Always go for paints that have low or zero VOCs. Essentially, a low or zero VOC paint will reduce exposure to toxic fumes. These types of paint are also environmentally friendly. If you’re painting children’s rooms or nurseries, it’s a good idea to opt for Low VOC options.
- Consider various sheens: Most paint options are available in gloss, and matt finishes. This goes a long way toward creating the best texture for your space. Keep in mind that shinier finishes will highlight every imperfection on rough walls. Aside from always sanding your walls before a paint, choose the right sheen to create a luxurious and stylish finish that will keep its lustre long after the painting is done!
- Pick favourites over popular options: When choosing a paint colour, always opt for different shades of your favourite choices rather than the current trends. This is because trends come and go, and you may soon get bored with your choice. Rather pick shades that match your décor and personal style to ensure colour creative painting.
Whether you are making use of professional painting services, or you’re planning to do the painting yourself, it’s essential to invest in quality and durable products.
Fortunately, both Nippon and Benjamin Moore products will provide you with anti-mould and low-toxicity properties. Quick drying properties offered by both brands will ensure your painting process doesn’t take longer than you anticipated!
Select Nippon Paint if you need:
- Easy application that’s simple to clean afterward.
- Protection against bacteria, viruses and mosquitoes.
- A paint that’s excellent for outdoors, indoors, ceilings, metal and wood.
- Paint products available at a fair price.
Select Benjamin Moore if you need:
- A wider variety of colours.
- Extensive gloss paint options.
- Uniquely textured wall paints to create signature walls.
- Quality paints for interior and exterior walls.
In addition to superior paint products, it’s essential to use painting contractors with sufficient experience in office and house painting. Fortunately, our experts from PaintingGuy not only offer exceptional service but also make use of Nippon and Dulux paint brands to provide a great painting service!
You Might Be Interested Reading;
PaintingGuy.sg provides the best home painting services throughout all Singapore.