How Much Does it Cost to Paint a 5-Room HDB Flat? (Updated Apr 2023)
The cost of painting a 5-room HDB flat in Singapore will range from $1,400 to $2,300, depending on the type of paint you choose, and the number of colours.
This is based on using Nippon Paint’s Vinilex 5000 (standard paint) to Odour-less EasyWash (premium paint), and if choose to use oil sealer (additional $500).
The main reasons why the price of engaging professional painters has increased are due to;
- Labour: 2 experienced painters will take 3 to 4 days.
- Medical benefits for workers.
- Worker’s levy
- Increase in rental stay for the workers (2nd main reason).
- Increase in paint cost per tin. (Main reason)
It will take at least 45L of paint to paint the wall and ceiling with 2 coats.
Recommended Read: “How Much Paint for 5 Room HDB?“
It is definitely cheaper to paint it yourself!
But is your time and energy more precious, in investing in your loved ones or something that will reap a higher reward than painting your home for the next 3 to 4 days?
By painting your home on your own is the cheapest.
Here are some tips to go about it;
- Buy paint and painting equipments online and have it deliver to your home. I recommend Shoppe, because there are lots of cheaper alternatives and we earn a commission at no cost to you if you decide to purchase anything.
- Watch the Youtube video below on how to paint;
- Get help from good friends who are willing to help. And show them the video too.
- Plan out what to do before, during and after painting.
- Celebrate by going out with your friends for an awesome meal!
To Sum It Up
Hopefully, this information didn’t only educate you but help you to decide whether to DIY paint or get professional help.
If you have any questions regarding painting your 5 room HDB flat, do look up our FAQs for answers.
Or if you decide to get professional help, why not try us out?
You Might Be Interested Reading;
PaintingGuy.sg provides the best home painting services throughout all Singapore.