5 Recommended Ceiling Paint to Use on Your Home in Singapore
Painting your home is an excellent way to give your space a fresh, new look. In addition to deciding what colour and type of wall paint to use, it’s equally crucial to find the right ceiling paint. Is there a difference between wall and ceiling paint? What are the best ceiling paints available in Singapore? Keep reading to find out.
Just For your Info
PaintingGuy.sg offers painting services (interior and exterior) for residential, commercial, and industrial in Singapore.
If you are looking for a professional painter to outsource the work, why not check us out? We offer free no-obligation on-site quotations.Contact Us to Find Out More About Our Painting Services.
What is Ceiling Paint?
If you’ve ever done any painting in your home, then you know that the wrong type of paint can create a huge mess with drippings all over the place. This mess will most certainly be doubled if you use the wrong paint on the ceiling. What is the reason for this?
Ceiling paint is generally thicker than wall paint which makes for less dripping during the application process. This means the viscosity in the latex ingredient is higher, making a thicker mixture. With this thicker viscosity, it’s also easier to hide stains caused by damp areas.
List of Ceiling Paint Available in Singapore
Within the basic ceiling paint category, you’ll find a wide variety of options. A few of the top brands and options we recommend are highlighted below.
1) Nippon Matex
Many professional painters, including the experts at The Painting Guy, prefer the benefits of Nippon paint. A few of the top features that make this option a firm favourite include the following:
- Multi-purpose acrylic copolymer emulsion.
- Strong anti-mould ceiling properties.
- Offers excellent coverage for most internal masonry surfaces such as plastered walls, concrete, soft boards, wood, and ceilings.
- Odour-less anti-mould ceiling white has excellent stain resistance.
- Nippon paint odour-less options make application quick and easy.
- An established brand that offers a variety of quality paints and accessories.
2) Odourless Anti-Mould Ceiling White
Fewer things brighten up a room quite like a freshly painted room with a crisp white ceiling. One of the best ways to achieve this look is to opt for Odourless Anti-Mould Ceiling White from Nippon.
As an environmentally favourable green product, this paint also boasts a few stellar features.
- Anti-mould properties with broad spectrum protection against most species of mould.
- Excellent stain resistance is excellent for covering mould stains.
- Virtually no paint odour, making it ideal if you are sensitive to paint odours.
- Easy to apply and touch up when needed, simply dust the space, and apply a new coat with an extension pole.
- Resistance to blistering and peeling.
- Excellent coverage and hiding power.
- Excellent flow and levelling, no risk of dripping all over the floor.
- No lead or mercury-added makes it safe for any space.
- Matt finish.
- Suitable for use in all damp areas such as kitchens, bathrooms and around air conditioners.
3) Raffles Paint – R.Antimould
If you need to paint the ceiling of a space that often gets damp or has a high level of moisture exposure, you’ll obviously want durable paint. Fortunately, Raffles Paint R.Antimould has been specially formulated for damp areas.
Some of the standout features include:
- Environmentally favourable green product.
- Ideal for damp areas such as kitchens and bathrooms that are prone to mould.
- Engineered to provide long-lasting protection against bacteria.
- Anti-moulding ceiling white colour to brighten the space.
- Anti-damp properties make it ideal for air conditioners.
- Low splattering with excellent adhesion.
- 3 years warranty against paint peel and flake
- Superb alkaline and efflorescence resistance.
- Excellent colour retention and fade resistance.
4) Dulux Mouldguard Mould Prevention For Interior Ceilings
Dulux Mouldguard is another top choice if you’re looking for an interior ceiling paint that has odourless anti-mould properties and provides a smooth matt finish.
Several of the top features of this popular ceiling paint include the following:
- Suitable for all normal interior masonries surfaces such as plaster, brickwork, cement, and soft boards.
- Superior quality with durable emulsion.
- The ideal choice for kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, and any other ceiling spaces where a mould-free finish is desired.
- Easy to apply—simply remove dust from the ceiling and apply using an extension pole.
5) Berger Royal Emulsion
The Berger Royal Emulsion paint is a modified hybrid copolymer-based emulsion ideal for use on interior walls and ceilings.
The features that make this paint worth considering for your ceiling painting include the following:
- Good hiding power.
- Economical price range makes it affordable enough to use in your whole home.
- Excellent flow and levelling properties.
- Smooth finish.
- Drip and splatter resistant.
- Low odour makes it ideal for use in any space.
- Specifically designed for use on walls and ceilings.
- Matt finish that requires a second coat.
When you’re painting your ceilings, it’s ideal to use the right paint that features low odour, good hiding power and leaves you with little to no moulding. With the different brands and options we’ve highlighted in this post, you’ll have no trouble finding the right type of ceiling paint for your home! Alternatively, you can always rely on the expert team at the Painting Guy for the right recommendation.
Important Note: At PaintingGuy, we use Nippon paint for all our clients.
If you’ve found this article useful, we urge you to share it with your friends, family or even colleagues who may be in the market for good paint for their ceiling spaces.
You Might Be Interested Reading;
PaintingGuy.sg provides the best home painting services throughout all Singapore.